Malatest International Ltd. strives to be a leader in corporate social responsibility. We are committed to environmental, economic and social sustainability, and are proud to support New Zealand businesses. We work hard to preserve our national and cultural heritage for generations to come.
Malatest International has formal policies that provide occupational health and safety for our staff and support environmental sustainability. Our policies include:
- Being an equal opportunity employer
- Smokefree workplaces and support for smoking cessation interventions for staff
- Flexible working hours
- Support for the different cultural practices and commitments of our staff.
Malatest International Ltd. is committed to ensuring the protection of your privacy through responsible information management practices.
The personal information you provide (such as your name, address, date of birth, etc.) in response to our surveys is subject to New Zealand privacy legislation. Our collection, use, disclosure, security and retention of your information must comply with these statutes.
Collected personal information will only be used by authorised staff for the purpose for which it was originally collected or for a use consistent with that purpose. We will not share your information with other third parties including public bodies, corporate entities or individuals except as authorised by law or as directed by you. We will not sell, share or disclose your information to any type of mailing list.
We are legally required to retain any personal information provided by you that has been used to make a decision about you, for a period of time that will allow you sufficient access to the information.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information to protect it from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks. Security measures in place to protect your personal information include physically secured office space, the use of user ID’s, passwords, firewalls, and restricted employee access as appropriate.
You have the right to access your own personal information subject to limited exceptions. A request to access personal information must be made in writing and must provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information being sought. We will make the requested information available within 30 business days, or provide written notice of an extension where additional time is required to fulfill your request. A minimal fee may be charged for providing access to personal information. In such cases you will be notified of the fee in advance and provided the opportunity to either continue or discontinue with your information request.
At Malatest International Ltd. we are committed to environmental sustainability and have several practices in place to offset our ecological footprint. Recycling is encouraged in both offices to reduce the amount of office waste produced during operations. Our offices are equipped with virtual office computer networking capabilities such as internal e-mail and electronic file-sharing to reduce the use of new paper products.
In addition to our daily operations, we also adhere to ecologically conscious practices when completing projects and related research activities. Wherever possible, we hold virtual as opposed to in-person meetings to reduce environmental impact (e.g. paper for minutes and agendas, carbon emissions associated with travel). Progress status updates are submitted electronically and our reports (both final and interim) are submitted in soft copy (i.e. CD ROM or USB, unless otherwise requested by the client) to encourage the electronic dissemination of information and thereby reduce paper waste.
Malatest International Ltd. has established four key goals for the future:
- Reduction in paper consumption
- Reduction of in our electrical consumption
- Reduction of in our GHG emissions
- Reduction of the quantity of recyclables in our rubbish.
To achieve our sustainability goals we have established the following objectives:
- Establish annual waste audits
- Establish “double sided printing” as the photocopier defaults
- Recommend digital over printed reports to our clients
- Increase the number of days staff can work from home, whenever project security permits
- Lobby suppliers to provide sustainable alternatives to current service delivery systems
- Solicit the opinions of employees on how the company can further reduce its impact.
Malatest International Ltd. is committed to contributing to positive social and economic change through the research it provides and the manner in which it delivers services. We have equal opportunities policies and health and safety policies that we monitor through annual staff surveys.
Malatest International Ltd. is an equity and diversity employer. We are committed to ensuring employment equity and will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant for employment because of physical or mental disability, ethnicity, religion, gender or sexual orientation. Malatest International Ltd. strives to attract, retain and enhance through training and other opportunities.
Malatest International is committed to a fair and equitable hiring practice. The principles of our hiring practice include:
- Full disclosure. Any current or former professional or personal relationship with a candidate must be disclosed to the hiring panel.
- Openness: Positions will be posted first internally, then externally if required using a reputable recruitment source(s). Positions will never be open to only a select group of candidates within the company.
- Consistency: All candidates will be offered the same recruitment process. This includes the same interview questions/topics and similar written tests. Interview notes and test scores will be retained for all candidates until the position is filled, and all candidates have the right to request feedback on the process.
- Fairness: Discrimination on the basis of age, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, country of origin, family status, physical disability or other characteristics identified by management or legislation is strictly prohibited.
- Clarity: All positions will be supported by a job description and salary band. All potential employees must meet security requirements (e.g., criminal records check) and sign our Confidentiality Agreement.
Progression: We desire to see all staff progress within our company. As such, all staff review their performance with their line manager on a regular basis.
Ensuring the wellbeing and safety of children, including prevention of child abuse or maltreatment, is a paramount goal of Malatest International. We are committed to child protection and recognise the important roles and responsibilities of our staff in the protection of children. We recognise there is increasing awareness that abuse and neglect of children can and does happen, we are determined to make a positive difference to this issue in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
This policy provides us a strong foundation to ensure the safety of vulnerable children, and guidance to staff on how to identify and respond to concerns about the wellbeing of a child, including possible abuse or neglect.
The process for responding to a concern about a child is on page 7 (Appendix 1) of this policy. The interests of the child will be the paramount consideration when any action is taken in response to suspected abuse or neglect. This organisation commits to support the statutory agencies (Oranga Tamariki and the New Zealand Police (the Police)) to investigate abuse and will report suspected cases and concerns to these agencies as per the process in this policy.
Our Designated Person for Child Protection, Dr Lana Perese, will be responsible for the maintenance and annual review of this policy, in addition to carrying out the responsibilities outlined in this policy. Staff will not assume responsibility beyond the level of their experience and training. Our organisation commits to ensure staff have access to the training they need. This policy was authored by Dr Lana Perese on 29/04/2021.